Here are two trends experts are forecasting for next year:
- Continued expansion: Not many years ago, BPO providers were mostly known as offering voice-only customer services roles within IT and related industries. However, with the rise of new technologies, the BPO industry is expanding into new, previously untouched areas. Advances in the field of data capture, print and mail, imaging, and payment mean organizations can apply BPO strategies to many (if not all) aspects of their operation.
- The rise of AI: The revolutionary automation possibilities offered by Artificial Intelligence applications will streamline the processes that rely on BPO. Repetitive tasks can be taken over by AI applications, and as the technology developments, companies will be able to apply AI solutions to an increasing number or processes, a move that will cut costs, increase efficiencies and allow staff to focus instead on the company’s core competencies.
If your organization is seeking a way to take advantage of these and other BPO changes in 2018, you need to be sure that the provider you’re working with offers these advantages:
- Time-tested: Does your BPO provider have decades of experience offering innovative document and data-driven business process solutions?
- Scalable: Are the solutions offered by your BPO provider customized to meet your organization’s specific challenges and needs?
- Compliant: Is your BPO provider compliant with state and federal security requirements as well as with industry standards?
- Support: Does your BPO provider offer 24/7 monitoring with a help desk solution available at all times, every day of the year?
The field of business process outsourcing is so complicated and fluid that only a provider with decades of experience and a proven record of reliability should be entrusted with offering the BPO solutions your company needs. Be sure the provider you select meets these standards, and your organization will be in a position to deal with whatever changes the future brings.