If your company is involved in the often complex (and costly) business of pharmacy services, consider outsourcing your prescription processing to increase efficiency, streamline your operations and allow your employees to keep their focus on your company’s core competencies.
Outsourcing prescription processing can help pharmacists fulfill their critical role in your company while increasing both service levels and job satisfaction. This can be accomplished by focusing on two areas:
- Prescription order entry, which covers both new prescriptions and refills, and involves receiving, interpreting, analyzing and clarifying prescriptions; obtaining substitution authorizations; and coordinating refill orders with batch run times, delivery times and overall workflow
- Medical Administration Record (MAR) Entry, which involves prescription and patient data entry tailored to your company’s requirements – and guaranteed to meet your deadlines.
Outsourcing your company’s prescription processing offers these advantages:
- An efficient, flexible solution
- Compliance with HIPAA and state mandates
- Relief from routing duties
- Remote processing with full auditing and reporting capabilities
- Redundancy for complete disaster recovery and business continuity
Medications errors are of major concern today, but outsourcing your company’s prescription processing ensures quality and efficiency, allowing your staff to focus on core competencies of the dispensing process, clinical aspects and patents, while allowing the outsourcing.