On a more basic level, the document imaging process enables users to import documents, images, e-mails and faxes for automatic capture and indexing of critical data. It also allows companies to easily comply with government regulations and internal and industry standards.
Here are some additional benefits of outsourcing your digital imaging needs to a reliable service provider:
- Control over your organization’s knowledge and intellectual property
- Expedited acquisition of documents and images
- Reduced document storage space and filing costs
- Audit trails for review at any time, ensuring transparency
- Flexibility to customize the system to fit the company’s needs without investment in costly equipment or staff training
- Improved collaboration, communication and more efficient use of internal resources
Digital imaging and data capture are the foundation for information processing. Once the documents have been imported, indexed and stored, the information they contain can be utilized in medical bill processing, claims processing, check processing, explanation of benefits processing, prescription processing, enrollment processing and other crucial aspects of a company’s business.