Documents are routed for indexing and data capture based on their type, and key data elements are captured with a combination of Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) and Key From Image (KFI). By using all three of these processes, data is captured by the most appropriate method for each document, and thus the most accurate data output is achieved for research and downstream processes.
The captured documents, files and records can then be hosted in an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform, allowing the organization’s authorized staff timely and secure access to critical information via the internet.
Here are some of the benefits of outsourcing mailroom systems:
- Reduced operating and overhead costs
- Automation of business processes, allowing greater focus on core competencies
- Accelerated access to information, allowing for effective collaboration, better communication and faster business decisions
- Compliance of regulatory requirements
- Leading-edge technology without the need to spend money on costly equipment and/or software
- Back-up/redundancy for disaster recovery
As technology improves and global competition increases, the search for ways to increase efficiencies and reduce expenses will become tighter and more important. An organization that outsources its mailroom services to a reliable provider will be in a much better position to survive – and thrive – in future decades.